Best way to see Taj Mahal and Experience after
History of Taj Mahal – Agra
Agra-Taj Mahal, the UNESCO World Heritage Site is also known as the symbol of love. Taj Mahal was built in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal by the 5th Mughal emperor of India, Shah Jahan. Taj Mahal took around 20 years to built, start and finish from 1632 – 1653. To know more detailed information about The Taj Mahal goes to Wikipedia.
About Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal is most attractive marble structure building ever created in the world. The Taj Mahal stands on the southern bank of the River Yamuna in Agra, India.
Taj Mahal opens every day except Friday and visiting time is Sunrise to Sunset.
Entry Fee for foreign tourist is 1000 Rs. For Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries is 530 Rs & Domestic/Indian for 40Rs.
October to February is the best time to visit The Taj Mahal.
Get Taj Mahal ticket online from anywhere. For online ticket booking, maximum visitors allowed per booking are 20 adults and 10 children but must have one ID card. Go to the official UP Tourism website of Taj Mahal for more details. There you have many options like online booking of tickets, find a travel guide, Accommodations and want to visit Agra full day / Half day tour packages. Three amazing places like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort & Fatehpur Sikri packages are on a full day tour. Packages in half day – tour only include The Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri.
Tour Travel Tips & Experience
How to reach Agra –
My travel journey starts from Delhi to Agra “The City of Love”. First I will tell you my travel experience and tips, how can we reach? If you are at Agra Cant station or Idgah bus stand then you have many local movement options. Distance from Idgah Bus Stand or railway station and Agra airport to Taj Mahal is near about 5-7 Km. If you come from New Delhi by road, then the distance from New Delhi to Agra is 200 km and by train 184 km. Special fastest train in India, Gatimaan express train from New Delhi to Agra is the best option for saving time. Connectivity of luxury bus services from Agra to other main cities is very well. Air India also provide flight facility, connects Agra to rest of the world via Delhi, Mumbai 5 days a week.
Accommodation in Agra –
All best notable 5-star hotels are on Fatehabad Road like Trident hotel, Hotel Clarks, The Oberoi Amarvilas Hotel, Jaypee Palace and much more. All types of hotel resort are available according to your budget. Overall I got the best hotel deal at affordable prices. One important tip to all world travellers is to carry your ID card, it’s necessary for hotel check-in.
Famous In Agra –
- The world famous sweet of Agra is Petha. My advice to you is to borrow your sweets only on registered Panchi Petha Store.
- Sadar Bazaar, one of the popular markets famous for handicraft items, shoes and leather work is a great place to borrow cheapest items.
- You can also book Agra city bus tour in which you visit Taj Mahal 5.7 km, Agra Fort 5.2 km, Sikandra 9.7 km and Fatehpur Sikri 38 km away from Agra Cantt.
- There’s little or no risk of street robbery in India. Even though India is a secular country, but religion is very sensitive in India.
- Because of the social conservatism, it’s important that women travellers educate themselves of India’s social mores and culture to best prepare for a safe journey.
- You can incorporate some of the local dress into your outfits by shopping once you arrive in the country.
- The inclusion of sunscreen lotion, sunglasses, umbrella and brimmed hats are important to guard you against suntan.
- Remember photography in lots of places isn’t allowed like airports, very sensitive controversial religious places like Mathura and Ayodhya.
Tourism hubs near Agra –
- Jaipur, capital of State Rajasthan is also known as an Old city or Pink city. Jaipur is 235 km away from Agra and famous for The Royal Family Residences.
- Mathura, the city of Lord Krishna. Famous temples and Yamuna River Ghats are the centres of attraction. The distance between Agra to Mathura by road is 58 km and by train, it is 50 Km. Train and bus facility is available easily.
- Gwalior is one of the famous cities of Madhya Pradesh. Gwalior is known for its temples and palaces. Distance from Agra is 119 Km by road.
- Delhi is the capital of India and also a metropolitan city. The distance between Agra to Delhi is 200 Km.
- Agra – Jaipur – Delhi is also known as the Golden Triangle of India. The famous tourist spot in India, my advice is to must cover all these amazing destinations. You can also book a “Golden Triangle” travel package with the best price. You can contact any travel agent, travel agency and tour travel company for booking.
Hi, I’ Ravi Singh. I’m interactive digital marketer from last 5 years for travel & holiday industries. I am lucky enough to work for one of the famous UK based travel agency. I’m dam interested in traveling the world and do blogging, photography to inspire others to enjoy life.
Did You Like This Travel Article?
Tell your friends about, share it on your favorite social media.